Where would you go?

ted4887

Reaction score
Well, I need a vacation. 70-80 hour work weeks are finally ending, and I am going to take a little time away from the business. I'd like to take a 4-5 day solo camping/fishing trip somewhere within a roughly 10-12 hour drive of southeast Minnesota.

If you had the ability to go where you wanted, where would you head?

Chances are, I'll do another solo BWCA trip but I'm open-minded. Carp fishing Lake Michigan, or perhaps a musky country trip?

ghocevar

Reaction score
Opportunities are endless...Might not be to your taste, but I am dying to go to the Driftless Region in Wisconsin.

ted4887

Reaction score
I live in the Driftless region on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. It's definitely my taste, but since I live here already, something a bit different would be nice. However, I appreciate the idea being thrown out there.

And if you ever come up to the Driftless, let me know and I'll answer whatever questions you might have.

mikel

Reaction score
If you're interested in mountain trout, seems like Sheridan Wy would be at the western limit for your drive time. I'd look or ask for help there...If you make that drive and base there, you could day trip Cody, if the drive isn't too bad. I don't really know what it's like coming from your direction...just trying to gin up an idea for you...good luck. -Mike

milt spawn

Reaction score
If you wuz to go to Cody as mikel suggested, you could also hit the Black Hills area in S.D. Get on the 90 and put it on autopilot! milt.

ted4887

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I'll do some quick research on Cody/Sheridan/Black Hills and see what I come up with. That is more appealing to me than just about anything right now.