The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Winter Time.. And The Livin' Is Easy

No it's all still there
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how just a short distance South makes such a difference in weather. I went out today on Baudette Bay and practiced long distance casting while I let my Dog run around and play. That and roll in every stinky thing she could find. In the almost center of the river was a full sized Chevy Siverado and a pretty decent sized Ice House. Closer to the mouth of the Baudette River, where it goes into the Rainy River, was a a couple of guys in a full sized Ford truck Pike fishing with tip ups. We had a good foot of ice on the river at least two weeks ago. It will be mid April before that part of the river is open the way this winter is going. Early April if it goes as usual. The Lake will still be frozen solid either way.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Yeah you guys have also gotten a lot more snow than us as well... Here I'm in a valley too... So we either get it all or we get none of whatever may be passing over us
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Got out for a bit yesterday... Good weather and good fishing to match

Click the image to open in full size.

diamond rush likes this.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Great pictures! I'm still jealous, though.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:20 AM

codypom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
I love winter season in MN. Too bad I live in NC now.
I sure hope you're talking about the fishing and not the weather...