The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Winter Time.. And The Livin' Is Easy

Amazing weather gracing us here in the DA right now.. Jan 1st was C&R opener for Minnesota.. Needless to say so far I had been 0-3... Hopes were getting low... So I headed to one of my favorite streams in hopes it would break my skunk..

Arrived at the spot to see that not a soul has fished it yet.. Thick ice shelves lined the stream with narrow lanes left open where the water was fast enough... clear as can be.. could see bottom of most holes without needing even the shades...

Overall was a good outing.. Caught 4 fish(2 brown.. 2 brook) over the course of about 4 hrs.. and now i'm sore.. It's nice to be first.. But it sucks blazing the trail through all the snow..

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: Winter Time.. And The Livin' Is Easy

Those are beautiful pictures. You're making me homesick.

I love winter season in MN. Too bad I live in NC now. I was fishing one of my favorite streams in Jan two years ago. Came back in March and could still see my old tracks in places and nobody else's.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Got out again today.. Absolutely amazing day to be streamside

jaybo41 and newby like this.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Love those photos, sure makes sitting here indoors a little more tolerable! LOL!

Larry

Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Thanks Larry... Was in the low 40s today.. Now it's raining.. Hopefully everything is not blown out tomorrow! Otherwise I'll be joining ya in only being able to enjoy pictures
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

where bouts is that if i may dare ask? it looks very familiar..any chance its down here in SE MN?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Yes it is in the minnesota driftless
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Haha, I recognize that spot! Didn't we both hang up around a half dozen flies in that last summer?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Didn't lose a single fly in that hole today ^.^
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I don't see that vine hanging around anywhere. Did you cut it down or something before you fished the run (I've thought about doing it many times!)