The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By codym

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM

codym is on a distinguished road
Default Western Nebraska fishing well

I live in Gering Nebraska right next to Scottsbluff Nebraska and do a lot of fly fishing. not many guys fish up here but they are missing out. if you ever decide to come this way plan on hitting up winters creek and nine mile creek my home waters. Big fish are in these two creeks which pools and rapids are boundless places for opportunity. My largest rainbow out of winters creek was 22 inches but I have seen a 30 inch rainbow caught and released below the spillway. 9 mile on the other hand has numbers of rainbows and browns but is hard to fish do to all the trees and cover around the creek. did see a guy land a 28in brown but that is the largest fish I've seen out of that creek. 9 mile is known to be the best trout stream in Nebraska but I prefer to fish winters creek as there is less cover plus I've got private land I can fish there. if you ever decide to come this way message me and well get into some big bows and browns. Good luck fishing everyone catch a lunker for me !!

Cody
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:25 AM

tpeak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Western Nebraska fishing well

Hey, I would love to get into some trout. I'm a Wyoming boy who now lives in Alliance. I love to fish but haven't even really started to look for trout around here until just recently because I figured it was pretty much not worth my time. However, I have went over to Fort Robinson and hit up Soldier Creek and White River a few times and had some pretty decent luck with some browns and rainbows. Apparently there are some Tiger Trout in there too but have not caught any. I didnt even know what those were until I read about them over the summer.
Anyhow, I'm going to try and hit up Nine Mile this weekend up on the WMA area. Where else on Nine Mile is a good place to go? I would also like to hit Winters Creek but cant find much about a location....unless what you are talking about is a Lake. I understood you were actually talking about a creek though. Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:27 PM

doneinne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Western Nebraska fishing well

Did you find the tigers in Soldier Creek or the White River?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk