The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By ontheflymn
  • 1 Post By ontheflymn
  • 2 Post By itchmesir

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 07:58 AM

ontheflymn has a spectacular aura aboutontheflymn has a spectacular aura aboutontheflymn has a spectacular aura about
Default It's Getting Close To That Time

Click the image to open in full size.

Minnesota winter season is right around the corner .
mcnerney, jpbfly, fishiowa and 3 others like this.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Getting Close To That Time

Looks like we are ahead of you, our streams only have small leads of open water after that cold spell of -20 degrees that we recently endured.

Larry

Larry
Old 12-21-2013, 10:05 AM

ontheflymn has a spectacular aura aboutontheflymn has a spectacular aura aboutontheflymn has a spectacular aura about

It's been cold, but not -20 cold. The good spring creeks have enough flow and "warm" spring fed water to stay open during the winter, with the exception of some shelf ice here and there if it gets brutally cold.

Most of the Driftless, outside of Iowa, has been closed since Sept. 30, so I'm not alone when I say I've definitely got fly fishing on my mind. Flies are tied, leader's checked, boxes are full, tippet spools are full, wader bag is packed.

It will be here soon enough.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:55 AM

coloradocaddis970 will become famous soon enough

ontheflymn,

just moved out here in October and I'm getting antsy to get out there. if you're ever looking for a tag along let me know. I'm in the twin cities. Sundays and Mondays will be my fish days.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 AM

diamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of light

I just got back to NC from my visit back home to Minnesota. I can't wait for next Christmas when I can fish some MN streams over Christmas break. Although it was probably a bit cold this past weekend...
Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Nice pics thanks for sharing.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

The 1st can't come quick enough! Bought a new set of Carhartt heavy weight base layer... Looking like highs in the single digits on the 1st... Sure beats that -17F last new years day!

ted4887 and craigthor like this.