The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wisconsin Early Season Opens Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Jay: My favorite was the guy that shot himself in the crotch with the paintball gun, a close second was the guy that lost his cell phone and wants the guy that finds it to call him.

Larry
jbird likes this.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:58 PM

double d is on a distinguished road

Way to dang cold! Maybe St. Paddy's day weekend?

"It is ourselves that we conquer, not the mountain." Sir Edmund Hillary, 1959
Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

I passed on the early season opener. I can do without fishing below zero temps and single digits fishing for Steelhead, let alone trout. Typically the second or third weekend in March I fish for 4 days in SW WI but not this year. There's just been too much snow and too consistently cold to make the trek - so I'm fishing for Steelhead in Michigan instead this March. Generally in March I'd have a couple weekends under my belt - not this year.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM

nandagikendan is on a distinguished road

This is my first post on this forum but I recently joined the St.Paul Fly Tiers in January and our first outing was this past weekend on the Kinni. It was cold but sunny. The eyelets iced up about every third cast but it was a pleasant day to be out on the river. I'm a newbie so my goals were extremely modest (read: learn to cast!)...looking forward to warmer weather though and greater accuracy Lake Pepin at 61 had some open water about a week ago, St. Croix and Mississippi had some open water this past weekend at I-94....snow tonight though