The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Upper Mid-U.S.

Upper Mid-U.S. Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 10:19 AM

johnstoeckel is on a distinguished road
Default Move MN to Great Lakes forum?

Wondering if the forum owners would consider moving Minnesota to the Great Lakes forum?

Fly fishing in MN has a very high affinity to fly fishing in WI. In particular, WI and MN are both in the "driftless" region which is laced with spring creeks and trout fishing opportunities. Like WI and the other Great Lake states, MN also has lake run trout / salmon fishing on the MN north shore of Lake Superior.

As a MN user of the forum, this change would make sense to me and make the forums a little easier to navigate and read.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move MN to Great Lakes forum?

John: The move has been made as requested.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Great. Thanks for listening and for the fast response.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:57 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Excellent choice.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:48 AM

Maybe I didn't articulate what I had in mind clearly, but I'm not seeing what has changed.

When I look at the "Sub-Forums : Fly Fishing in the United States" page, I see a subforum titled:
Upper Mid-U.S.
Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

and another titled:
Great Lakes Region
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

What I had in mind was that Minnesota be added to the description of the Great Lakes Region forum and dropped from the description of the Upper Mid-U.S. forum.
rockriver likes this.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:29 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Maybe we should have a Driftless forum.
itchmesir and BigJim2x like this.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 PM

BigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the rough

I have wondered about Minnesota [U]not[U]being listed under Great Lakes too from time to time. I just know to look for it in the Upper Mid-US area but I do miss it sometimes scrolling through as it is odd not being in Great Lakes. MN may not have as much Great Lake coastline as other States but it is a heck of a drive from Duluth to Grand Portage - several hours.

I have also thought about starting a "driftless area" users group, rather than a sub-forum but a sub-forum may be a good idea too.

There is a group membership function that I have noticed in the members information page. Anyone interested in joining a driftless area users group?

2x
ia_trouter likes this.

"The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark". John Muir
Old 11-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstoeckel View Post
Maybe I didn't articulate what I had in mind clearly, but I'm not seeing what has changed.

When I look at the "Sub-Forums : Fly Fishing in the United States" page, I see a subforum titled:
Upper Mid-U.S.
Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

and another titled:
Great Lakes Region
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

What I had in mind was that Minnesota be added to the description of the Great Lakes Region forum and dropped from the description of the Upper Mid-U.S. forum.
Ok, I think I have it fixed. I added Michigan to the Great Lakes Region yesterday and forgot to remove it from the Upper Mid-U.S. Sorry about that!
Fly Fishing in the United States - The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Minnesota isn't listed at all now.
johnstoeckel likes this.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:02 PM

This is all taken care of now. Thanks much to our friendly admin Larry for listening and taking care of it.