The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Warmwater Articles

Warmwater Articles Articles on fly fishing for bass, panfish, pike and other warmwater species.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM

barra_sg is on a distinguished road
Default Arapaima on fly

Thought of sharing a catch of arapaima on fly gear ...

More catches which I have documented - MrBarrasg's fishing channel - YouTube
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arapaima on fly

Those Aras and the Redtail are tremendous fish. Look like a blast. I'm guessing that you are fishing at one of those fishing parks in Thailand . As cool as it looks if I was looking to have that experience and spend that kind of money I would personally opt to fish SA where the fish are in their natural habitat. But that's just me cool video and great fish!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good video. You caught some really nice fish there. I also like the editing software you are using. Good job all the way around.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

So, I was watching River Monsters the other day. It was an episode about the electric eel... Just so happened that arapaima were being caught in that show... When I saw this, River Monsters was the first thing that I thought of...
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Here's a sweet short film put together by Costa Films about fishing Arapaima on the fly in Guyana..

Fly Fishing Film Tour Theater presents JUNGLE FISH from Costa Films
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Now that s what I'm talking about!! Awesome!! Like casting to hippos man those things are cool!! And wild as they should be!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

That's a big fish for a 6wt. Well done.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 AM

dewbar is on a distinguished road

Nice video very entertaining. Really good looking fish!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
So, I was watching River Monsters the other day. It was an episode about the electric eel... Just so happened that arapaima were being caught in that show... When I saw this, River Monsters was the first thing that I thought of...
There's a River Monsters episode specifically for Arapaima. You should check it out.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM

robert_nguyen is on a distinguished road

That's something different.