The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Warmwater Articles

Warmwater Articles Articles on fly fishing for bass, panfish, pike and other warmwater species.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 PM

tmprohv is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing on the Sidewalk

Fishing on the Sidewalk . you can do this??

Look he Fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhJfSr_gDzY
Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing on the Sidewalk

Well you won't see that every day...lol

Dave
Old 01-26-2015, 10:21 PM

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite sure of the point of this thread, especially when you consider it's not fly fishing, and it's a new members first post. Something smells fishy!
dmiller385 likes this.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 PM

keiths is on a distinguished road

It is fishing, just not like we do here. Some places people are VERY poor and hungry.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:22 PM

wolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiths View Post
It is fishing, just not like we do here. Some places people are VERY poor and hungry.
One would have to be very hungry to eat one of those walking catfish, for conversation sake I have tried them, uukkk the bottom of the catfish food chain; bloody red flesh. I tad below the hard head sea catfish.
Now the gafftopsail catfish is not that bad and most people I've tried a taste test with had a hard time telling them from farm raised catfish.

I guess this kid would not be a posterboy for catch and release fame.
In any case, have any of you ever been stung by a walking catfish? About like a really bad hornet sting which lasts for hours.

By the way, both channel cats and gafftopsails will take a fly and I've taken gaffs on a popping bug.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:40 AM

wf10f is on a distinguished road

Maybe his first and last post but I'm glad he posted it. Loved seeing someone doing something like that. I used to fish a small culvert in high water where I'd drift any old wet fly back into the culvert on the current and there'd always be a brookie or two in their feeding. Not a sidewalk but unusual anyway.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 PM

markfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the rough

I've never actually fished on the sidewalk, but I've cast there more than once. T. Hargrove Fly Fishing in St. Louis is my favorite place in StL. They have no yard at all to try out rods, so Craig will set you up with half dozen rods and leave them sitting on the shrubbery next to the door to the shop. Meanwhile, you cast along the sidewalk, 10' away from a very busy Manchester Road. Lots of interesting comments and puzzled looks from passing commuters and pedestrians on the sidewalk. What fun!

Mark
Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM

wolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nicewolfglen is just really nice

Hmm, is that the Asian version of ice fishing?
siege and myt1 like this.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:52 PM

fly_rover is on a distinguished road

Is that...a sewer? Is he s**** fishing?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:15 PM

seamonkey84 has a spectacular aura aboutseamonkey84 has a spectacular aura about

If you search YouTube, sewer fishing seems wider spread than one may think lol