The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 AM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Got a Trophy Fish Yesterday...

That's great, Dan! Congratulations!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

SWEET!!!!!!! I keep telling myself I've got to try them. Well done, Dan!!!

Sep
Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Dan,that's a nice one!The first one ....now I'm sure you're going to target bigger oneswhich fly did you use Dan?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Took me a minute to notice the fish...I was in a trance on those legs....LOL

They are a blast and I am glad you hook one. I like using a rod with a fighting butt.
It does make it easier.

You are soooooooo carpinated. ;-)
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road

I had a similar experience casting for smallmouth in lake michigan, makes me want to intentionally cast for carp more often
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Hey not only is that a nice fish! That is a beautiful peace of water as well! Congratulations!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

JB, the fly was a pattern called a "Carp Teaser", real simple tye; tail: rubber legs tied fairly long, chenille body, brown, olive, or black. Legs: Same material as tail, tied in right behind the bead chain eyes or if you want light dumbbell eyes. Wrap the chenille forward and figure eight wrap around the eyes.

Joni, LOL glad I entranced you....LOL

That spot in the river is in the city limits of Monroe, my hometown.

Dan
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

Nice carp Dan. They are a blast on the fly rod. I'm sure you'll be fishing for more of them now.
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dan,

Nice Carp! I lived in Portsmouth VA. for a while on Lake Circle Drive out near Sterling Point. There was a lake in the back yard, about a seven acre size, it was full of big carp. They were fun to catch but those huge eyes seemed so sad that I eventually quit harassing them.

You gotta admit, those eyes seem different, don't they???

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Dan,

Nice Carp! I lived in Portsmouth VA. for a while on Lake Circle Drive out near Sterling Point. There was a lake in the back yard, about a seven acre size, it was full of big carp. They were fun to catch but those huge eyes seemed so sad that I eventually quit harassing them.

You gotta admit, those eyes seem different, don't they???
You're a great sentimentalist Ard

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

JB, the fly was a pattern called a "Carp Teaser", real simple tye; tail: rubber legs tied fairly long, chenille body, brown, olive, or black. Legs: Same material as tail, tied in right behind the bead chain eyes or if you want light dumbbell eyes. Wrap the chenille forward and figure eight wrap around the eyes.

Thanks for the info Dan,if you could post a pic it'd be great