The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 10:26 PM

kayakcruser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What else have you caught

lol i think i have caught more weeds and tree limbs thatn fish

peacock hackle- $4.99

catching a fish on your own fly- priceless
Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 AM

muskyhunter is on a distinguished road

Muskie All The Way Baby!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

For me, on a fly rod, grayling, cutts, browns, bluegill. crappie, crayfish, walleye, rainbow, carp, cat, salmon, perch, shad, sculpin and anywhere from 1" to 30+"
Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 PM

atlaw will become famous soon enoughatlaw will become famous soon enough

A beaver, really. He swam into the leader and was hooked on the shoulder. Hell of a fight for a few seconds.....
Old 09-06-2006, 06:43 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

I caught a buzz once, ok fine. I catch a buzz just about every time I go fishing.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I know you want fish species, but I just remembered a part of my Labor Day trip that was funny. I had hooked into a nice fish and was in the process of bringing it in when three Pelican's landed real close. I wasn't paying attention to them, but My sister in law yells at me that they are after my fish.
He was, and I had visions of this protected bird flying off with my fish and my fly still in it's mouth....what to do. Anyway, he got close to my fish so I started slpping the side of my pontoon to scare him off. I would reel a little more them start slapping the side of my boat again. Took forever to get this fish in, then the birds took off and I felt at ease to let this poor fish go. It was amusing after all was done.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Reel.... flail.... reel.... flail.... That does sound amusing Joni.

Kinda sounds like what I did the other night to keep a cottontail from running in front of my bike. My wife thought it was hilarious that I was barking at it like a dog. I don't know why she would think a 250lb guy on a road bike barking at a cute rodent was funny....

Anybody ever caught a duck or a seagull? I've come close to having my fly grabbed by them, but haven't yet.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:50 AM

mobarclay is on a distinguished road

Recently I was followed around the pond by a flock of turtles that really wanted my fly. Kinda strange - one by one they would pop up so that there was a turtle just about anywhere I could cast so I moved to a different section.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 AM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarclay
Recently I was followed around the pond by a flock of turtles that really wanted my fly. Kinda strange - one by one they would pop up so that there was a turtle just about anywhere I could cast so I moved to a different section.
When I was a kid we had a pond FULL of turtles. I would sit on the banks for hours with my .22 waiting for the turtle heads ( ha ha) to popup. Great target practice.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:01 PM

troutbum is on a distinguished road

Well I thought I would throw in a catch I made today.How 'bout a 410lb bluefin tuna(332 lbs dressed) Ok, Ok, it wasn't caught on a Fly Rod, but a live mackeral under a kite,just like dry fly fishin,but super duper sized!!