The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: What else have you caught

That's a whole lot of sushi there! Have you recovered from the battle yet?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM

troutbum is on a distinguished road

Cliff,I am a commercial fisherman and in the run of the tuna season I may catch as many as 15 giant bluefin tuna!from 200lbs to over 1000lbs all caught on a rod and reel(penn 130st reel and a Hardy big game rod)this is my first year Tuna fishing what a blast!!Watching a trout or bass grab a top water is fun,watching a 700lb tuna smash a live mackeral from the surface makes me poop my pants!!Im back at it sunday(season closes friday and sat)

Will post a few pics soon
Aaron
Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 PM

fowlonthebrain is on a distinguished road
Re: What else have you caught

Bluegill, redear, green sunfish, pumpkin seeds, cappie, bass, stiper, rock bass, gar and bowfin. If you ever want to have your hands full throw a hookless streamer tied with a frayed nylon cord wing in front of the last two mentioned(their teeth get caught in the frayed nylon wing) It's a trip
Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

catfish on a hares ear nymph and prince nymph. rock bass on a foam spider and black woolly buggers, bluegills on basically any nymph or dry, creek chubs also on anything, sucker fish on hares ear,, carp. lots of different fish. basically whatever is in your area! by the sound of it on here anything thats in your area, even stuff other than fish. haha

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:51 AM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough

I caught a decent walleye throwing for smallies, then a huge musky decided it wanted it's snack back. Lets just we know who one that battle on my 6wt. So I caught one mangled dead walleye.

Musky hitting boatside can scare the **** out of you, because your not expecting it. When you see a 50" alligator with it's jaws open appear out nowhere under your fly (fly/bait in my case), your heart jumps out.

and "Eelpout on the fly" just doesn't sound right....
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM

handtie is on a distinguished road

A catfish so small when I set the hook I jerked it right out of the lake and paste my head. You never seen a guy duck so quick. Oh and I hooked my brother in the melon and cheek. (He never learns...) Top that!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

we were fishing a river in Maine & a guy wades out to a sandbar on the other side carrying a Chihuahua. He put the dog on the sandbar & waded into the river. Well he didn't watch his backcast & it dropped a little too low & he hooked his dog. It looked like he was using a large streamer so he had some power in the cast. I didn't see the hookup but I heard the yelping. & watched the dog knaw on his hand while he tried to get the hook out.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM

darkcahill is on a distinguished road

Way to funny!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 PM

fishenrg is on a distinguished road

Mostly maple, oaks, ashes, a little poison ivy and a lot of some little kind of dogwood that grows around here. lol
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 PM

fowlonthebrain is on a distinguished road

I forgot my biggest catch ... little sister walked into one of my backcasts about 23 years ago and I hooked her square in the back of the head with a rubber spider. She reminded me of that over dinner tonight.