The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1549Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

Welcome to the forum bks. glad to have you on board and a great way to introduce yourself! Here's hoping it won't be your last post, last fish on a 3wt or last fish of the year...

Looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Dave
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

My first documented smallmouth ever, woooo! Caught one on Friday and was instantly hooked, but didn't snag a picture. Loving all the new species I'm exposed to in Buffalo, and loving the new 12' 5wt. Tied up several moto minnows as well to replace the one that caught this fish and then was promptly lost...
Click the image to open in full size.
mbphotos54 likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice job on the smallie aj. i'm gonna go try for a few next week.
i'm thinkin clousers with my new dxr and 10' sceirra 7 wt. lol

casey

ARFE
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I probably should be going with a little more rod (my 6 or 7wts) since the water also holds steelhead, and the white moto minnow will take anything. However, I just enjoy the new two-hander too much. While I definitely still love steelheading, a new spring/summer species is exciting.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Nice smallie!! I need to go chase them soon before this kiddo pops out! ha!

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM

bks is on a distinguished road

8yr old son, with bass he caught today on Char popper.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

print and frame that. I have a photo like that from when I was a kid holding a fish.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
My first documented smallmouth ever, woooo! Caught one on Friday and was instantly hooked, but didn't snag a picture. Loving all the new species I'm exposed to in Buffalo, and loving the new 12' 5wt. Tied up several moto minnows as well to replace the one that caught this fish and then was promptly lost...
was that beast around 15 inch+ theres been a few guys with photos on some that big in otter... I havent got any yet. but things are picking up here, soon Ill be only fishing the back water.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM

rem308 is on a distinguished road

Love the forums, great way to make my first post --- my first and 2nd muskie on the fly!
Both (as always) were released for another day.
codym likes this.

Last edited by rem308; 04-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Awesome fish, flies, and a great caliber

Mike, that smallmouth was around 18" based on its size compared to my spey rod grip:

The first photo due to the way its taken makes the tail look mini and the mouth area look giant, so going off that photo I thought it was around 15"ish too!
codym likes this.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Those musky are pretty much freaking awesome, thanks for sharing.