The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1407Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

The summer doldrums are upon us. Saltwater fish are too deep for fly rodding. Thank God for my warm water friends!
Click the image to open in full size.
Holy wind knots Batman!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Holy wind knots Batman!
Looks like my tippet after weighted flies and a stiff breeze!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
Looks like my tippet after weighted flies and a stiff breeze!
Weighted flies can do that but the poppers really make a mess of things for me. I'm never really sure where they're going to end up!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:45 PM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about
Default Bass on Bass Popper

swirlchaser likes this.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Little guys all evening.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Caught this little guy in our family farm pond down in West Virginia last weekend. Put a nice little bend in a 5wt...so much so that I thought it was a large mouth.

kyflyguy likes this.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM

I love the way Pan fish fight! If they grew to 8lbs I would never fish anything else!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:43 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I love the way Pan fish fight! If they grew to 8lbs I would never fish anything else!
amen to that!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Fun fish guys! Went out today for some more spey practice, watched some fish eating off the surface (wished they were trout but no trout in the water I was fishing, not until the lake runs at least). Tied on a stimmy with a prince nymph dropper. Started out quick with a few creek chubs and some common shiners, then rounded a corner to see the becoming-familiar look of a number of mudding carp quite a ways off. Snuck down the bank to place a cast in front of the group and did a crawling figure-eight retrieve, watching one of the carp follow. Small flash of white and a sweep of the rod and the carp was racing across the river for the cover of a fallen tree. A short fight later and I was slipping the barbless prince nymph from the carp's mouth:
Carp on the 5wt Spey are fun!
mylobass likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I got out Tue. Still using that Egg. Tried the T3 this time, but I am lovin seeing all the ALLEN gear.