The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1660Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

A little evening Bassing while I wait for the saltwater action to get started

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Here's my oldest best gar yet. Caught this afternoon between thunderstorms on a red & white seaducer on a trip with his younger bro. This is at Bear Creek Park in Northwest Houston. We hook up on about every 8 bites and land about every 5 hookups, very boney mouths. They are out with the constantly rising and falling water levels. He was using a 8wt Sage Vantage.

This was CPR (catch. photo, release).

Pete A.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete a View Post
Here's my oldest best gar yet. Caught this afternoon between thunderstorms on a red & white seaducer on a trip with his younger bro. This is at Bear Creek Park in Northwest Houston. We hook up on about every 8 bites and land about every 5 hookups, very boney mouths. They are out with the constantly rising and falling water levels. He was using a 8wt Sage Vantage.

This was CPR (catch. photo, release).

Pete A.

Better than me ! 28 Hookups on Longnose gar, zero landings! And one almost! Good for you!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 PM

bhflyfisher has a spectacular aura aboutbhflyfisher has a spectacular aura about

Just got into fishing the River that flows through my backyard, no trout, but the warm water species are fun.

mylobass likes this.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM

partfish is on a distinguished road

Here is a guide that fly fishing for fresh water black drum routinely and offers guided trips for them. All the bonus fish smallies, large mouths, cat fish, and two musky up to the boat were huge! I went on a trip my wife bought me for my birthday I can tell you I am hooked I am going back. No one in the midwest offers this. Captain Bob is a saltwater fly fisherman and brings that platform 60 miles south of Chicago. Where can you go and catch average size fish of 7 pounds on a fly rod?

Last edited by Hardyreels; 09-16-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Sorry, the video was one long advertisment for the guide.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

The Blue Gills are approaching mutant size. When they get this big I don't mind not catching any Bass

Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Yay to hand-fulls of panfish! Love fish that can turn sideways and really put their body into a fight...
swirlchaser likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Last edited by gatortransplant; 09-17-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 PM

rem308 is on a distinguished road

Got to throw some of my newly created muskie flies yesterday in a local river. No luck with the muskie but had a few aggressive smallmouth decide to hit the fly. One of my flies I tied using some very brown/white combos trying to give the bronze back look of smallies, was cool to see this guy take the fly and fight.
Also had this little guy swim up to the boat to get a look at me, seemed like a pet:
The flies swam great, the singles had great action, the articulated ones did what I wanted them to do. Very pleased and will be getting back to the vise soon.
Hardyreels and swirlchaser like this.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Had a great weekend chasing Guadalupe Bass near Llano, TX. Caught some fine largemouth, Guadalupe bass, brim, and even a 'goo'. My oldest son was with me in our old style float tubes. The largemouths cam alive late Sat we keep 3 with some nice brim. Released 15-20. they were smacking big bright poppers.

Note we are tubin 'wet' as the water was very comfortable. Using 5 & 8wt kits depending on conditions/location.

Pete A.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

my summer fun!

mylobass likes this.