The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1670Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofamberley View Post
Its not much but this was the product of me getting re-acclimated to the fly rod last fall
Click the image to open in full size.
I caught a bunch of these on a day that was WAY TOO WINDY for a spinning rod let alone my beginner 5/6 wt fly rod!
Those little whites are a blast on the fly! Like how sometimes the whole school chases your fly and the quickest one wins! Congrats! Was ge a river WB or lake?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road

Thanks! He was a river white bass, from a tributary of the Ohio River on a little green wooly bugger. Every spring and fall his big cousins, the hybrids or Wipers, run up that river. I hope to get in to some this spring!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny cause the last time I was catching WBs was on the Mongahelia in WV and the hybrids were right behind them . And they can be brutes, and as I found out keep them out of the current cause they know the definition of hangtime!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default warmwater pics

First crappie on the fly for 2013. Was 10.5" and it took a size 2 chartuese clouser!
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

dewbar is on a distinguished road

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Norther Maine Night Fishing... 34 inch eel , yellow perch, hornpout
The Bass was caught during the day.

Last edited by dewbar; 03-08-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: posted pic wrong
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

No picture dewbar....:-(

Took the Camera today, here is one of the five bass caught this year
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 PM

vanish will become famous soon enough

One trip out so far this year, one fish.

frogg likes this.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

If it was just gonna be one, I think you made it count with that nice carp. Well done.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:33 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I love looking at this thread. However, I find myself extremely jealous because as I type this message out, it's about 15* with a 30mph wind right now. People are still driving 1/2 ton pickups around on the lakes. We don't have a forecast high above 40 for at least the next 7 days. This time last year, there was zero ice left on the lakes and rivers.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Same over here, although a little colder for you. 3/19/2010 was 80 degrees, 3/19/2012 was 70 degrees, 3/19/2013 was 30 degrees with snow here. How the hell do you have a 40-50 degree swing? Keep looking forward to nice weather and fishing, and every time it gets close we get another snow storm and the water refreezes.