The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1407Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: warmwater pics

Decided that I'm going to use my six for s lighter presentation. What lines ate you using to Chuck carp flies?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Went to a local lake Saturday looking for Trout. I was fishing shallow in about 5 feet of water. Noticed the grass moving and a lot of rolling. I was using Allen AST 9'6 wt loaded with Intermediate line and 6 lb P-Line fluorocarbon. Fly was a #12 Midnight Fire. I cast out about 50' aiming for the weeds and just turned to start kicking for open water.
I thought I was snagged till that snag took off.
Because of all the grass and the strength of this fish it did take me around 20 minutes of turn and reeling then runs. Not one of the bigger ones I have caught but it had shoulders. My hubby was videoing and got some good footage on his phone, I just don't know how to post those. I asked him to please net this guy as I was afraid I could not handle the weight in the net which would be full! and the rod.
Not sure if this video works but here is the landing

Here it is:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

That's a beauty. Well done.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:22 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

We had a hatch Saturday.
Hexagenia bilineata

A question, what fly would be a good imitation of this?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a nice batch of the life cycle
Hex Hatch
Old 05-13-2013, 06:45 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice carp joni!
i took my 8'9" 4 wt ats out last week and caught a bunch of shad.
a sweet stick for sure

casey

ARFE
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM

okbow68 has a spectacular aura aboutokbow68 has a spectacular aura about

That carp looks like it was a fun fight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

Nice fish Joni!

I took a guy out today...horrible conditions, but he stuck some fish. I got one decent chance amid the clouds, made it count:

Targee had a good time too!

Joni and carp and bass like this.

Carp on the Fly
Old 05-13-2013, 11:39 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

Joni,

Nice carp, nice pontoon, and nice hat!
Joni likes this.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I pass by a small town reservoir on my way home from work everyday. Until recently, I didn't think it would be a good spot for fly fishing, as there is a steep stone embankment all the way around, and little backcast room in many areas. I finally gave it a shot the other day, and am glad I did. Been there a few times now so far and have caught bluegill, bass, perch, and crappie. There are also lots of carp in there I hear, and some over 65lbs. If you go on a warm day you will see many people with multiple surf casting rods on holders waiting for carp. An odd site to see at a reservoir that's about 100 yards wide and 200 yards long. Here's 2 fish from yesterday, including a nice bass which was a blast on my 2wt.

Same as last

Joni likes this.