The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1521Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Location: Port Washington, WI (fish areas around grafton and plymouth)
pikefisher69 has a spectacular aura aboutpikefisher69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: warmwater pics

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Boy! You and me both! Ive been visiting relatives in Seattle the past week and I find myself just stopping, bending down and running my fingers thru the grass. Grass! I see GRASS!!!
Makes me want to possibly go somewhere down south when I choose a college, but I love the Northern seasons too much, excluding winter!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Grass! I see GRASS!!!
Sounds like heaven! Can't wait for summer!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Usually winter season doesn't bother me that much. Trout can hold me over... Snow is a non issue with snowshoes... But the cold... F this cold! I should have at least a dozen days under my belt right now
Old 02-02-2014, 08:47 AM

twfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the rough

All this talk about missing the grass... Up here in the prairies in Canada we lost sight of the grass in November and we are praying to see it again early in April. Last year we only really saw it in May... We have to get used to the cold, we have no choice... I will continue to fish anyway, but I have to use an ice auger... my earliest opportunity to pick up a fly rod will hopefully come in March, which now that it's February seems that much more tangible.

So some of the things that I have been doing to avoid the shack nasties when it gets to and stays at -40C/F for long stretches have been finding outlets for my creative urges, other than fly tying... So, hopefully you can get a sense of some of the things I have to look forward to in a few months time once the ice recedes. I put this video together as a bit of a highlights package from my 2013 season... Mostly warmwater species, couple trout and splake but I thought this was most appropriate thread to share it in... Enjoy...

mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:59 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Nice video! So, even the spring fed streams get frozen over up there, eh? That's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 AM

twfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the roughtwfitw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
Nice video! So, even the spring fed streams get frozen over up there, eh? That's crazy.
Yep... The only spots that stay open all year round are where there are hydro electric power stations, but I can't fish them with a fly rod until it warms up a little bit, normally in March we get a couple opportunities to get out. Until then it is simply too cold to fly fish... I have tried...
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I can only imagine... We're at extreme colds in the Midwest this year. Everything is rock solid. The only places that aren't are the spring fed rivers, or the power plant lakes. Where in canada are you?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM

ruttness will become famous soon enoughruttness will become famous soon enough

Click the image to open in full size.

The 2014 skunk stopped following me around today with a few of these guys, it was my 3rd time out this year

itchmesir and kingofamberley like this.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 PM

idahoclouser will become famous soon enough

Got to catch about 100 of these guys with mini-me this weekend. Was a great trip. Click the image to open in full size.
twfitw, cochise and jsxtreme like this.
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
Old 03-20-2014, 07:39 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

gloomy day streamer fishing

Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

What streamer? Looks nice

Storm Drain Bonefisher