The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1405Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 05:16 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: warmwater pics

Back to the creek I went. From reports the streams are high and muddy. So I went back to whats working. Today was actually a little better too. Some bigger gills and a few tiny crappie. Lost count but enough action to keep me occupied for about 3 hours. Hopefully as it warms other fish will show their face or teeth.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

New echo glass 4wt, dubbing nymphs, and panfish

ted4887, itchmesir, argail and 2 others like this.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:45 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I like the brown glass of those new echos... Much more pleasing to the eye than the urine yellow butter stick or the baby sh!t brown/green Orvis.

“You can’t waste your life making money, and then go back and try to buy your life back.”
bmbailes likes this.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM

smarty140 is on a distinguished road

Here is one from last year (May)... since it doesn't look like we'll have any warmwater fishing up here until June this year.
One of my fishing buddies and I spent a day on Chequamegon Bay out of Ashland, WI and had a great day - each landed around a dozen 15"+ smallies, and lost at least that many too. My biggest was around 19", but he landed one that was 20.5". Another neat thing was that out of approx. 15 boats on the water, we were the only ones we saw flyfishing, and it is sure seemed like we were hooking more fish than anyone throwing gear.
It's all C&R this time of year to protect the fish, and I've heard the sight fishing can be great (shallow, clear water)... but as you might be able to tell from the photo there was quite a strong, cold wind coming in off the main body of Lake Superior the day we were there.

ryan

ted4887 and itchmesir like this.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 PM

They keep getting bigger... Probably has to do with the ooze

stl_geoff, ted4887, argail and 1 others like this.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

dry fly day...

Old 03-31-2014, 11:51 AM

vanish will become famous soon enough

Hit a "local" run last Friday and had a blast with these guys. Was hoping to find some walleye too, but I guess we missed them.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:04 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

rainy day...

one moment from anime

Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 PM

superseal110 is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 PM

When does one really need 45~ bluegill at once? I can hear it now "I remember when I could catch my limit in 30 minutes... Now I'm lucky to catch it in a whole days worth of fishing"
ted4887, jbird and ia_trouter like this.