The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 09:10 PM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all
Default Re: warmwater pics

jwthought81 - tie your own streamer, be proud of yourself!!!

Popper action indescribably... I tried to make a small video, when I get to the video-edit program!? do not know///
One time, I tried to shoot video, turned on the camera, make a cast, and nothing happened, turned off... popper at this time was at the edge of the weeds & boom disappeared in the bass mouth... eh: "where are you a little early..."

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by argail; 06-17-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 AM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough

Great pics, argail!

"jwthought81 - tie your own streamer, be proud of yourself!!! "

First, I need to figure out how to cast properly, then I'll move on to trying to tie. Until, then I'll let hairwing530 tie for me!

Congrats on some nice fish!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by argail View Post
mridenour, big breams, I know they pulled into the depths as small submarines

this is a boar! now you on a market for new rod))))) break on fish is sacred)
Lady watching, and nothing can understand, what is happening... most of all she was surprised, when you let the beast back... )))))))))))))

I actually made this rod, so I will have to repair it myself. Not sure if I can buy just 1 blank section yet.

The lady watching was definitely confused or unhappy, but not sure why. Here's her picture, blown up, which I think is pretty funny.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthought81 View Post
Great catches, everyone!

Hey Nick, so you weren't actively casting to the carp? I ask because I've been stalking some huge grass carp on the flats every morning but I spook them every single time I cast at them. I know where they frequent so maybe I'll just dead stick a fly in that areanand wait, at least until my casting gets a bit more subtle...

That's woman's face is hilarious, btw!

I actually was targeting the carp. You have to lead them a good amount where I fish, as they are very wary. They will get spooked if they see your cast or if your fly lands too close to them. Because of this, I casted where I thought thwe carp would move to, so when he finally did, my fly was already in place and wouldn't spook him. Of course it's always a gamble and the fish could just go a different way and you have to recast.
mridenour likes this.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:06 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road

I think this is the prettiest little fish I have ever caught. Longear sunfish, southern Ohio. White cat fur Hare's Ear dropped behind a foam spider, took the nymph.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:58 AM

jsxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutjsxtreme has a spectacular aura about

This was a fun fight on a 3wt with a 5x tippet last night.

Someone is very interested in my technique.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Had a few friends up on Saturday to do a little fishing. Slow day overall but we boated one fish and moved a few others so it wasn't a complete bust.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:42 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Hit the creek by the house yesterday...lately i've been carrying just assorted bottoms up streamers and boogle bugs the blue has really been producing! love this TFO Mangrove too!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofamberley View Post
I think this is the prettiest little fish I have ever caught. Longear sunfish, southern Ohio. White cat fur Hare's Ear dropped behind a foam spider, took the nymph.

and it is our north Louisiana, beauti)

Old 06-23-2014, 06:48 PM

oldskewl808 will become famous soon enougholdskewl808 will become famous soon enough

Bass from today, got three around this size. All on topwater foam frog. I wish I could remember where I got it! Looks killer in the water. Pops nice and rattles. The Bass were smashing it hard and inhaling it to the back of their mouth.Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, ted4887 and Flygrain like this.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 AM

oldskewl808 will become famous soon enougholdskewl808 will become famous soon enough

I remember now... It's a small tan Chips Peeper Frog.