The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1670Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 AM

jsxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutjsxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: warmwater pics

Great fish argail! Congrats!
argail likes this.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:18 AM

nav will become famous soon enough

Barbels on heavy nymphs :

1/ The river, flowing out of a prehistoric cave :
Click the image to open in full size.

2/ 4 barbels spotted here :

3/ fish on, provides a good fight :

4/ landed :
Old 08-28-2014, 06:35 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

You'd half expect something like this to be in the ocean, but they are all over the Ozarks ( and my aquarium )

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Caught this bruiser yesterday.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
You'd half expect something like this to be in the ocean, but they are all over the Ozarks ( and my aquarium )

great shot! i love the colors

casey
Joni likes this.

ARFE
Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 AM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough

Great catches y'all!

Geoff, is that a longearsunfish? I get my ID's confused at times.

Argail,congrats on the great catch. I dont know if your photos are touched up or not, but that fish has more bronze coloration than I've ever seen in in a largemouth. I guess its due to high tannin levels in your area?

Also, thanks for posting the diagram about properly holding bass. I've always admired how you've avoided lipping them for pictures. Important information.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:25 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Yup, thats just a regular old male longear sunfish. those are post spawning colors too O_o

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-30-2014, 05:30 PM

ponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura aboutponycarman has a spectacular aura about

Had an excellent day on the water today! Beautiful scenery!

Finally caught something on my own flys. Caught the first fish of the day on a small black spider/knat thing with a red tail. Also caught a couple fish on foam spiders I tied.

Caught 5 bream today. Not super huge but not bad either.

And caught 3 bass. The most I have ever caught. Before today I had only caught two bass my whole time fishing.

Now for the grand finale. I caught the biggest fish I have ever caught in my life. On any tackle but it was much more special to be caught on a fly rod.

Here it is. The biggest fish and bass I have ever hooked.

It weighed at right at 2lbs and was 18in long. Boy was it fun too catch. It went airborn once and took off. First fish that has put my reel and drag to good use. Super super fun. I was ecstatic once I got it to shore and saw how large it was. And what did I catch it on? You won't believe it lol. A tiny little white betts popper. Its amazing how big of fish you can catch on little flys. Had a great time and today was a day to remember. Wish us luck for mondays trip. We are hoping to try to get some trout for the first time.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

great pics everyone!!

well i'm headed south tomorrow for some salt therapy but first i had to get my weekly small stream fix in! i love fishing these streams and this morning i was blessed to bring 11 of these beauties to hand by way of my Echo glass 4wt and my hopper! love it!!

Joni, milt spawn, argail and 2 others like this.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:37 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav View Post
Barbels on heavy nymphs :
4/ landed :
Good & strange fish for us
& welcome to the forum! I would like to see you in the thread: What have you been tying today?

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post

this is cute & colorful fish !

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Caught this bruiser yesterday.

Hey Nick, I guess 9lb & ?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthought81 View Post
Great catches y'all!

Geoff, is that a longearsunfish? I get my ID's confused at times.

Argail,congrats on the great catch. I dont know if your photos are touched up or not, but that fish has more bronze coloration than I've ever seen in in a largemouth. I guess its due to high tannin levels in your area?

Also, thanks for posting the diagram about properly holding bass. I've always admired how you've avoided lipping them for pictures. Important information.
Thanks jw!
Yes, I edit all of my pictures (you know this notorious haze), just I try not to change the natural color (only sometimes picture in my opinion looks nice in black and white) Ok about this particular bass, first time when I saw her, thought what an unusual color for bass (some times I catch bowfin complete bronze) and her eyes are reddish! I do not know exactly about tanin level... but so many logs in water... and Louisiana cypress country...

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycarman View Post

It weighed at right at 2lbs and was 18in long. Boy was it fun too catch. It went airborn once and took off. First fish that has put my reel and drag to good use. Super super fun. I was ecstatic once I got it to shore and saw how large it was. And what did I catch it on? You won't believe it lol. A tiny little white betts popper. Its amazing how big of fish you can catch on little flys. Had a great time and today was a day to remember. Wish us luck for mondays trip. We are hoping to try to get some trout for the first time.
This is good big bass, cograc!!! Wish you luck) for mondays trip.
ponycarman likes this.