The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM

flcracker83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to flcracker83
Default Getting into the swing of things

Finally got my rod set up and have been spending the last couple of days getting my cast somewhat up to par (basically forward and out ). So I went out this morning to see if I could actually catch something now that I can get the line to go where I want it to (relatively). I tied on a black nose dace and the first thing I caught was my hand . after that I ended up catching 2 little Bass (I call em Florida trout) so over all I was pretty excited that this morning turned out better than I thought it would
Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Getting into the swing of things

Hi firecracker83,

Well that is good news. Some new fly fishers go a long time before they catch a fish. The more you fish the easier it will get.

Frank
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM

mtbrider405 has a spectacular aura aboutmtbrider405 has a spectacular aura about

And the more fish you catch, the more addicted you will get!

Congrats on getting setup and the quick success!

-Jason
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Hey cracker;

Firstly:

Congrats! Sounds like you were much more successful than myself and many with your first outing.... I know I caught some over hanging branches and spent a lot of time working knots out of my leader due to poor cast timing.

Stay at it and those small bass will become bigger bass. The bigger bass will become large bass. Those large bass will become absolute monsters of bass.

Even if the fish don't follow my progression.... well, we're fishermen.... you can say they were absolute monsters. Nobody will have to know the truth.

Is warm water your main quarry?

Also-- the catching your hand thing-- yet another reason to advocate barbless hooks. Hope that heals up soon.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM

I'm not really new so much as starting over, and I know what you mean I am a total fly fishing addict, just wasn't able to indulge that addiction for a few years , actually I guess you could say I'm new again in a way. Anyway yeah warm water is my main quarry, I don't really like that coast and there are no trout streams in Florida, although it is a goal of mine to go fly fishing for trout at least once
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 PM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about

Keep your backcast up I hope you let the big one go
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

A born again fly fisherman! Welcome back! Watch those hooks, I took one to the cheek just last week!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
A born again fly fisherman!
Yep , now if only I could receive the gift of speaking in fish tongues I would be set lol