The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:26 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Grass Carp?

And if that doesn't work, there'll presumably be bass or gills in there?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

i personally have caught a 31 inch grass carp on a lime green san juan worm
Old 12-06-2011, 04:09 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
And if that doesn't work, there'll presumably be bass or gills in there?
the lil lake has bass and gills and cats too. only one side is ok for fly fishing, but atleast we can get soem fishing in. FOund another guy that may want to meet up too from here. water is way up now after the rain we have been getting...
mike
Old 12-06-2011, 08:47 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

alright so i quit grasscarp they suck and i hate them hahah
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

WHAT!?!?!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Spooky day for Robert, it seems, but the fish will be back!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 AM

the baby bass sit next to the carp and spook and the fly and the carp run
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM

It's like that game "operation"... perfect presentation practice however! Strip slower

Old 12-07-2011, 04:08 PM

its not the strip its the fly hitting the water even with a perfect cast which almost never happens cus i have about 10 feet of backcast room to make a 50 foot cast
Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM

missouriflies is on a distinguished road

I'd have to say they absolutely do have sporting value. I run a website more or less devoted to Carp fly fishing. Have a little look see Missouriflies.com and no they are not completely vegitation munchers. I cach most of mine on small crayfish and black nymphs tied on saltwater hooks. here are some images of the flies 1, 2,3, Not catching or seeing any carp at the moment, no need to change your fly.