The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Bait and Bass- TR

Hit a familiar spot and caught some. About 20 of each, though all small. Catching 40 fish is still a damn fine way to spend an afternoon.

Click the image to open in full size.

Textbook tight, fishy spot-

A buddy was right, a spoonfly will work in the Hill Country too-

Quarter sized frog-

This thing was large (section still intact was about 3' long)-

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bait and Bass- TR

BigCliff: Congrats! Looks like you had a great day. Great looking photos, what the heck is that thing in the last photo?

Larry
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 AM

galleta loco is on a distinguished road

Ain't nothing wrong with that.Great pics .Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
BigCliff: Congrats! Looks like you had a great day. Great looking photos, what the heck is that thing in the last photo?

Larry
A snake skeleton. Likely a large rattler that crawled out onto the road earlier in the spring to warm up.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM

boreal is on a distinguished road

Nice work Cliff.

I was lookin' at those spoons myself. Kinda wanna drop on a Pike's nose to see what happens.
"I knew a tier once. One time he was holding a lump of cat hair he found on his couch, sort of twirling it about his fingers, tugging at it. I asked, what in the hell are you doing man? He looked startled, ashamed. But I knew what he was thinking. right then and there I decided to just buy my fly's thankyouverymuch." ~ cwg
Old 05-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
A snake skeleton. Likely a large rattler that crawled out onto the road earlier in the spring to warm up.
BigCliff: Yikees! You keep those things down your way. Last year floating the North Platte we came upon a rattle snake swimming across the river, gave me the willies.

Larry
Old 05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
BigCliff: Yikees! You keep those things down your way. Last year floating the North Platte we came upon a rattle snake swimming across the river, gave me the willies.

Larry
I've never seen a rattler swimming, though the (non-venomous) diamondback water snake is more common than I'd prefer-

I prefer rattlesnakes over cottonmouths- they'll actually give you a warning, and aren't nearly as aggressive as cottonmouths are.