The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default rock bassin it!

went out and got skunked on the smallies! water was clear enough and when it was sunny you could see the bottom and all and in the spots that always hold smallies I seen nothing when you usually can see them! it was kinda hot out there tho. so maybe they were hiding. I did however go 2 for 4 on hookups. I missed 1 hookup but I believe it was a gar that bit my fly tho so the chance of the hooking that is slim. the other hook up I missed was on one of ffd's poppers I casted into a submerged woodpile. I believe it was a gill that shot up and bit at it but i missed it cause I was bringing the fly up to cast again when it bit so I was off my guard!! I got 2 rock bass tho. nothing big or of size tho. got one on a chartruese/white clouser and another on a all black clouser. I took my 3 wt out there. here is some pix. prolly go again in a few days so keep ya guys posted!! also a tree fell across the river recently glad I wasn't fishin that spot when it decided to go seeing as it was one of my spots for steel!! I hooked a steel this year right under it and the fish tried to tangle me in the roots of that same tree! lol

Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM

cwg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: rock bassin it!

I really enjoy catching fish in water that looks barren to the average joe.
I'm hoping to really go to town on some small streams this summer, nice pics
Old 05-26-2010, 12:15 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Rock bass, pumkinseed, and bluegill can really save a day! I always carry a light rod just in case the bigger fish aren't cooperating. Imagine the fight one
of those fish would put up if it were 12 inches long???
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I say smallies are one of the toughest fighting fish pound for pound! even gills are way tough! think of a bluegill that weighed 10 pounds like some steelhead do!! it would destroy you harder than any steelhead!!!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.