The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 06:31 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Small creek fishng

I was introduced to a small creek today that is practically in my backyard. This creek was amazing! Crystal clear, knee-deep at it's deepest, and FULL of hungry fish! I threw a black and white foam spider on my 5wt and literally, if I had to estimate, caught 793, 264 fish. Not really, but I lost count at 43. Here are some pics!

Click the image to open in full size.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Last edited by mrl0004; 05-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:19 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default Re: Small creek fishng

Looks like you've found a great location.
Love those days when there's too much action to even keep count of how many you catch.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:23 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

This looks much like my idea of a good time. I trust that there will be a pm sent with gps coordinates, right?

Nice work-- lucky to have it so close to home.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:50 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the great day; it's great to find a honey hole so close to home.

PS, I also like the St Croix Triumph. I have one in a 5wt and it's the first "real" rod I ever bought.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a nice little creek to fish on sightDid you catch the turtle on dry?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:28 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Fortunately (for the turtle) the turtle was caught by hand. I think I have ADD moments and I saw this turtle crawling along the bottom and I went into crocodile hunter mode and started charging through the water chasing it. (Splash splash) Let's just say my fishing partner was not very happy. He said, "what's wrong?" and I simply said, "I saw a turtle."

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur