The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default feels like summer

The temps here in southern Ohio make me think summer is here! In the 90s today and I finished work early this afternoon, so despite the heat and bright sun I decided to stop at the lake and toss a fly on the water.

Didn't have high hopes of catching anything, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the bluegill weren't as bothered by the heat as I was. The weeds are quickly taking over the shallow water along the shoreline, but a fly presented close to the edge of the weeds was quickly hit almost every cast.

Not too big, but plenty of 'em!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM

Davec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: feels like summer

Nice looking bluegill there.
I went home to Ohio for the 4 day weekend.
My dad, brothers and I went to an old farm pond we had not been to in 20 yrs.

We ended up putting about 3/4 of that bucket full of gills about that size or a little bigger. Ended up at 4.5 lbs of bluegill fillets.
An I used my new boo rod the whole time. wow Im in love
DAVE
Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Mike,

I'd hate to see how tall your lawn is....
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post
The temps here in southern Ohio make me think summer is here! In the 90s today
I feel your pain Mike. We went from comfortable temps yet soaking wet to stifling heat and humidity. Whatever happened to gentle seasonal transitions?.....

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

I gotta tell u Mike, I put that Okuma reel on a Wind River cabela's four weight rod. what a combo! I caught about 4 dozen gills near the size as the one in ur pic and around 2 dozen white bass also. Hot it is, but so is the fishing. Thanks again for the reel! BTW, the line on it is awesome. Casts a mile with no problem
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice gill Mike....Hot here to, welcome change from the cool rainy days we've been having... The gills are ready to play here too...

Dan
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

"Feels like Summer?"

Here in the PNW we've yet to see anything that even looked like early Spring.

fae