The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone caught blue suckers?

I see them in my new found magical creek. But they don't bite at my spider, even after practically hitting them in the head with it. I have heard worms work, but I also hear people catch carp with worms and I have never been able to. Maybe it's operator error?

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone caught blue suckers?

I haven't caught Blue suckers, but I have caught White suckers, Shorthead Redhorse and Silver Redhorse all on flies. I used clousers. Maybe try a bigger more meaty looking fly. Look in the mouth of the White Sucker. Blue and White clouser. They were not shy about hitting them either.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 PM

ncflyboy will become famous soon enoughncflyboy will become famous soon enough

That fish in the lower pic is a good looking fish with nice colors. How well do they fight?

Cheers,

Robert
Old 06-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyboy View Post
That fish in the lower pic is a good looking fish with nice colors. How well do they fight?

Cheers,

Robert
That's a Shorthead Redhorse. Actually they fight pretty well. Get pretty big to.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I've heard clumped egg patterns work well for them and BIG hares ears bounced along the botttom in front of them work as well.