The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 02:25 PM

arkman is on a distinguished road
Default My First

Let me start by saying I'm sorry. This wasn't caught on a fly rod. Just standard tackle. My goal is to eventually start fishing these guys on a fly rod, but first i need to figure these things out a bit. Get more comfortable with what is going on in general. Its safer for the fish and safer for me!

Anyways. I went out on saturday with the goal to catch my first musky. Thanks to a great guy, I did it. There is a lot more to the story, which I'll post later. I just wanted to get the pic up for now.

Stay tuned for more info.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My First

WOW! Nice job man, what a beauty.

Congrats!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: My First

Hmmmm..... Musky on the fly? (it's becoming almost cliche at this point, but--) Diver Dan to the white courtesy phone, please. Diver Dan to the white courtesy phone......

That is a fantastic catch!

Hopefully diver dan will chime in here with a few tips for you (and all of us) for getting into some real monsters on the fly.

I don't want to advocate harassing another member, but if he doesn't see this thread in a few days, I'd PM him if you have any specific questions-- IMO, He is the definitive source for all things musky and pike on the fly.

Tony