The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 03:42 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default tippet records

Idoes anyone know the tippet records for the mayan cichlid? i recently caught a 2 pounder and the all tackle is 2 and a half pounds so im thinking i may have caught a record but i cant be sure because igfa makes you pay for the fly fishing records. if anybody has paid and would like to post the records that would be great if you know of another place that keeps the records that would be awesome too.

Thanks, Robert
Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tippet records

I'm not at home right now, but as soon as I get back there I will post the records for both the IGFA and Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:54 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

alrighty thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

The IGFA only has an All Tackle category for the Mayan Cichlid. The Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame does not have any category at all for it, but I talked to them. They said that if one was turned in to them with all the required stuff, they would review it and then talk to a biologist. There is a possibitity they would add it. So unless you get one bigger than 2lbs. 8oz. and break the IGFA record your best shot at a record for them would be with the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame. I'd start by turning in a really good one and hope they add the species to accepted fish. I wish I had better news for you.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:01 PM

thanks anyways thats not bad news parse i geuss ill catch a 2 pounder and submit
Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Robert,

I remember reading somewhere that one of the invasive species here are growing way bigger than they do where ever they came from. Can't remember which fish it was though, or where I read it.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

I saw where a guy caugh an Arawana (I think that's what it was) big enough to break the all tackle world record there but did something wrong and they didn't count it. There are some pretty good exotic species shot at a record in Florida. If I remember right a guy also broke a Knife Fish record there to.