The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coldwater? Could have fooled me...

Caught this yesterday amongst many rainbows in 46 degree water. 16". milt. [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coldwater? Could have fooled me...

I like your title, how did you come up with it?!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 11-20-2011, 07:03 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Do I sense a bit of bitterness? Hahaha. I believe the man casting in the background speaks to the temperature outside, while the fish is simply deluded

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-20-2011, 07:13 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish Milt, I like those kind of surprises.

Dave
Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl0004 View Post
I like your title, how did you come up with it?!
Stole it from ye. Just blurring the lines a little. milt. BTW, the air temp was lower than the water temp. This impoundment is @ 6,750 ft.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:00 PM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

WOW

Milt that is a Sweet Surprise fosho! I bet it had quite a tug!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Just kidding with ya dude. Looks like it was a bit chilly.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
46 degree water.
Hah! We haven't had water that warm for a while. Check this out:
Click the image to open in full size.

Pssst. The technical term for this is..... ice.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 AM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Milt, is that South Haiwee Reservoir? How was the trout fishing?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Negative, I believe the Haiwee's are closed again for security reasons. I was further south. I don't really reside in Dunmovin, I just like the name. milt.