The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default Happy Birthday to me!

I decided to take a small fishing trip for my birthday with my sister. We had some storms roll through overnight and the fishing was pretty tough. I ended up using about 8 different flies and going through a lot of tippet. It was around 60 degrees and a great day to be out, but it got pretty cool towards the evening. We fished for a couple of hours with no results. I was just happy to be out and it was more or less of a teaching day for my sister anyway. She packed it in and sat in the car because she didn't have a jacket. So, I made a couple more casts and ended up with a nice little birthday present for myself.

The final fly chosen was a black soft hackle with a small split shot about 6 inches from the fly.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Happy Birthday to me!

congrats hammer!
looks like you had a good day

casey

ARFE
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!

I had a great birthday! At first, I didn't think it was going to be a good day because I ended up splitting my forehead open on the cupboard I left open right when I got up. After that, everything went fantastic! Hope you had a good one too!

Sadly, the new 2wt had to stay home because it was pretty windy!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

Happy Birthday and going back about 60 yrs mol, picture a kid using his cousins fly rod on a pond across the state from you near Athens. His rig a bedraggled black gnat with a small shot above it. The results almost the same as it was during February and that was the first open water he could find that year. Congrats and way to go!
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 AM

Keith Williams is on a distinguished road

Happy Birthday ! I am sure the rest of your gift will come as soon as it warms up a bit.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!
That looks like a fine present!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:54 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Happy Birthday
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Jhammer, can't think of a better way to spend the day...

Dave

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Happy birthday and what a great way to celebrate by getting out on the water and wetting a line!

It was -12 degrees here this morning when I went to the gym, it has warmed up considerably, I haven't looked but it must me in the mid-twenties, blue skies and lots of sun shining, feels pretty good. I'd hit the water but I'm a working stiff so that will have to wait.

Larry, if it were -12 degrees here I would be a working stiff also.

Dave
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Excellent, happy birthday