The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 PM

mvarley84 is on a distinguished road
Default White River HEAT bass fly rod

Anyone ever used one? Considerably less expensive than the Sage, and it has great reviews on BassPro. Just looking for any first hand experience before I take the leap of faith.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: White River HEAT bass fly rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvarley84 View Post
Anyone ever used one? Considerably less expensive than the Sage, and it has great reviews on BassPro. Just looking for any first hand experience before I take the leap of faith.

Funny you mention it I just bought one this winter. I ordered it in a 10 weight but the combo uses an 8 weight reel. Still all the ten weight line they sent spooled on there nicely and I fricken love it. It's seven foot ten and casts like a champ all though im pretty new I can launch pretty far with the wf line it comes with and at the price it is just makes it better. I plan on trying mine out on pike as soon as the ice is gone here.

Tight lines,

Bucktail
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 PM

mvarley84 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bucktail!

I think I will pick one up in the next couple weeks, the next time I can make it to Vaughn.

I was really looking for a bass specific rod, but these just seem so versatile for the lake that I am on. I was leaning towards the 10wt as well, so I can use it like a fly rod flipping stick haha.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

If I remember right from when I held one, they are the length that they are so that they could be used in bass tournaments which regulate rod length. Same as the sage largemouth and smallmouth rods.

I wasn't a huge fan from when I tried one, seemed slow and un responsive but I very well could be wrong. They just seemed very flashy, and I wasn't particularly sold on it.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 AM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvarley84 View Post
Thanks Bucktail!

I think I will pick one up in the next couple weeks, the next time I can make it to Vaughn.

I was really looking for a bass specific rod, but these just seem so versatile for the lake that I am on. I was leaning towards the 10wt as well, so I can use it like a fly rod flipping stick haha.

Ha that would be a sight to see. The thing I like about it is that because its so short in ten weight it feels really solid. Not like a normal fly rod that's extreamly wiggley you feel more control and you can tell you could cast a brick with the thing and once again for the price you just cant beat it.

Tight Lines, Bucktail