The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!!

Must. Not. Let. DIE!!!

So everyone remembers a few weeks ago we had the polar vortex that froze everything?!?! Well it was un the single digits here for the better part of 3 days and it froze the creek up good. THEN that Friday it rained ALL DAY. So...imagine if you will a creek that's frozen solid, that suddenly gets filled with water like whats posted above.

This is the result.

Click the image to open in full size.

Some of these things were the better size of my pickup. never seen anything like this in this creek in my life.
diamond rush, pete a and mridenour like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-18-2014, 01:11 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Must. Not. Let. DIE!!!

So everyone remembers a few weeks ago we had the polar vortex that froze everything?!?! Well it was un the single digits here for the better part of 3 days and it froze the creek up good. THEN that Friday it rained ALL DAY. So...imagine if you will a creek that's frozen solid, that suddenly gets filled with water like whats posted above.

This is the result.

Some of these things were the better size of my pickup. never seen anything like this in this creek in my life.
Ouch, fish was also surprised
Old 01-18-2014, 03:24 AM

kicker19 will become famous soon enoughkicker19 will become famous soon enough

This thread is most definitely in my top 5 best threads of all time list !! I have read every page and have just become zoned into this thing, it's sucked me in faster than some good novels I've picked up. Calling it and adventure was spot on !!
I'm not gunna lie, my heart sank when I saw the pictures of your creek frozen over. It looked dead. With the reports you gave prior to that, it was almost a movie quality tragedy ! I surely hope the weather (or people) don't destroy your spot, you have something special there. I look forward to hearing more from y'all
Old 01-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Well........................

I think that it's time we Sticky this thread buddy. Your never say die attitude and consistent updates to your thread deserve to be put on top of the stack

Always an enjoyable read and viewing experience,

Ard
stl_geoff and itchmesir like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Aw Thanks!! I will thusly promise to make sure this thread surely delivers this year!!!
Hardyreels likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!! - 4 time update on 5-14!!!

So, working with squirrel tail is a bit of a pain. Slippery stuff. I haven't tied anything with it in a few months. Definitely takes some time to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!! - 4 time update on 5-14!!!

How about an update?!?!?!

WITH ACTUAL FISH PICTURES!!!!!

So I have been to the drain a few times this year to kind of just check it out, not to much has been moving. However its mid May and spring finally has shown up here. I went over the weekend in attempts to battle some carp, but no such luck with those golden turds. However, the green sunfish are on the spawn and very willing

i caught several like that and even a chub. It was rather hot out and was threatening to rain, so I only was in it for maybe an hour or so. It was nice to be out though and i plan to be attacking much more in the next coming weeks.
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

I've been wondering where you have been! I've caught buckets of sunfish this year in only a few outings in warm water. No, I didn't keep buckets of sunfish, that just seems like an easier measurement than counting them.

Hope you find plenty of time to fish this spring...it'll be summer in an hour or so...lol.
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 AM

I've lurking about in the bushes ready to attack. Im going to be putitng so many miles on the truck in the next few weeks for catching fish or standing in a stream waving a stick
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher