The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 PM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough
Default Few bass pics from Northern Minnesota

Just starting to catch up on the forums after a long summer, so now having a some quite fly fishing time to myself and try out some new water. Some pics of some St. Louis River smallies, these actually could be called bronzebacks, look at the color on them. Fall fishing is probably the best time to be chasing smallies on the fly, unless you like catching them on their beds in the spring

Image Posting Size Limits

Members shall not LINK to any images inside their message post that are wider than 550pxls. Oversize images will be deleted without notification.

Members may ATTACH images to posts that are no larger than 620pxls x 280pxls with a total size no larger than 19.5kb. Valid file extensions are bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

There is a difference between attaching an image and linking to an image inside the body of the post.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If I have deleted any of your images... I'm sorry. However, for the optimal performance and overall look of the forum we must adhere to this policy.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 AM

apneaman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Few bass pics from Northern Minnesota

Nice fish. Looks about 2 or 2 1/2 pounds.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi TheFlyMaster,

Thanks for the pictures. Those are nice fly rod bass. How do you like your Nautilus Feather Weight reel. Would you tell us your thoughts about the reel.

Frank
Old 09-21-2007, 02:52 PM

jdgrubbjr is on a distinguished road

Nice fish. Love those smallmouth!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 PM

dmoliver is on a distinguished road

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...1&d=1190406799
FISH (2).jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FISH (2).jpg (52.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-23-2007, 11:19 PM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Few bass pics from Northern Minnesota

Oops, didn't mean to cross the line on the images thing, sorry about that. I posted thumbs and relinked them to the correct size:
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

As for my Nautilus fly reels, I have the FW3, FW5, and FW7. When I first picked up a Nautilus Feather Weight, I very surprised how light it was, but could tell it was built solid from high grade aircraft aluminum. The drag is what I like the most, namely the start up inertia, very important when playing fish that make hard quick pulls like big pike, musky, and lots of saltwater fish (which I do not fish for) and other freshwater game. The start up drag is smooth and controlled, no hesitation while slowly building up to the drag setting. The drag is easy to adjust with an oversized knob, even while playing a fish. I never worry about my Nautilus having a sticky drag. The drag is internally sealed, so no maintenance and no down time. I haven't had any problems with my reels, and they have been taking a beating this year and are still going strong.

Changing spools is very easy. Whats really cool, but haven't done yet myself, is that you can have custom colors created for your reel. So if want that favorite bright pink reel you've always wanted, they probably can do it for you.

I really don't care where a reel is made, even though they are built in good ole USA, but I do care if a company puts alot into quality control and attention to detail...ie each comes out identical to the next one, no sloppy machining and cnc'ing. I'm sold on Nautilus and will be switching out all my reels to Nautilus next year. Nautilus has excellent customer service, lifetime warranty and a great fly reel....oh did I say they also look good to!

I don't represent or work for Nautilus, I just think they make some of the best high quality reels.
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Thanks FlyMaster,

There are three reels that I recommend with no hesitation. The Galvan, The Nautilus and the Able. They are all well machined and have great drags.

Frank