The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gatortransplant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default Darned near skunked

I went out to enjoy the beautiful weather we had yesterday, and I might head out today again.

I went out to the river yesterday and I couldn't get diddly squat to bite. I was casting to carp and nothing. Zilch. Nada. There were a lot of jumpers, but I was casting towards some HUGE feeders and just couldn't match what they were after. I tried every size, pattern, and color in the book. There was one carp that was a giant and he wouldn't budge from this one spot that was a nightmare to cast to. I'd get close and he'd take it very lightly, then go right back. This spot would have even given Lefty or Steve Rajeff a headache. I gave up after turning the pile of brush into a Christmas tree and went to another spot. I was rewarded with two freshwater drum that were smaller than my fly.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:12 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default Re: Darned near skunked

At least you weren't skunked!

I also came close yesterday. The catch of the day was a 4-5" largemouth, but it was a fish on the fly, so it was a successful day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough

Hey you are seeing them all you got to do now is crack the code as to what flies they want. Somtimes I have to go through almost my whole fly box till I find somthing they want and other days they will suck anything up. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Check out the blind squirrel pattern that has been bouncing round the forum lately, or Joni's golden glo bug, they both seem to be having luck with the ol' golden bones in the past few weeks.
bucktail likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...