The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some Fish

From last Thursday. milt.Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Fish

Nice SBs Milt. Cool underwater shot. Looks like you had a good day.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Snow skiing from 9 'til 4, fished 5 'til 7. Also had 4 or 5 rainbows, the target species. Love cross training! milt. Pic 2 is a smallie, 1 and 3 are northern strain largemouth.
tbblom likes this.

Last edited by milt spawn; 04-16-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: species
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

What's those northern strain LMa doing in Cali? Thought you only had the Floridas like in Casitas?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM

There are at least two impoundments that are northern strain, this is one and there is one closer to San Diego. This lake is high elevation and still cold, surface water temp yesterday was 46-48 degrees. I had planned on fishing the following day, apres ski, but a storm rolled in and I had to get down the hill. This is springtime in SoCal. milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 PM

That is crazy. I live in the mountains where usually it snows all the time up until May. This year we had one storm in October and that was it for snow. There are 3 ski lodges near me crying for snow and business and you have a blizzard in So Cal. Go figure! And to boot you have my northern LMs.
Crazy world! Maybe I'll go find a spot with saltwater fish but no ocean . Haha!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice fish Milt,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM

manotheskip is on a distinguished road

I was actually reading a book titled streams and lakes in southern california, and I too was shocked when I read there was northern strain in one of the lakes...i can't remember off hand, I can check again later tonight...

I've been bass fishing in OKC while I'm training here, they are nesting, and I've only hooked up twice, landed once...The one that snapped my line was huge!!! I can't get the others to bite. The one I landed, I was just stripping a wooly bugger blindly, and he attacked it!

Now I'm going to try for bass when I get back to LA...fishing here with the fly brought my childhood needs back...plus, the bass are a little bigger than the wild trout caught in the mountain streams that barely challenge my car keys for size...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Come on out to Slab City THIS weeekend, it's only gonna be 102 degrees! Here is another shot of that same smallmouth. milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM

manotheskip is on a distinguished road

I'm in OKC for training until May 5...sorry..no slab city