The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Alabama jewels...

It's been a while since I've seen a Red Eye. When I caught my first one I didn't know what it was. That was a nice string of pictures and a good play by play report on the day, I felt like I was there for a second or two. Remember, if you get the chance go up into the Ravens Cliffs FWA in North West GA. You'll need to do some research because I forget the name of the creek but there are some beautiful spots up there. It's hike in fishing but only about a mile or so from where you hit the end of the tote road.

Nice,

Ard

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-22-2012, 12:14 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
It's been a while since I've seen a Red Eye. When I caught my first one I didn't know what it was. That was a nice string of pictures and a good play by play report on the day, I felt like I was there for a second or two. Remember, if you get the chance go up into the Ravens Cliffs FWA in North West GA. You'll need to do some research because I forget the name of the creek but there are some beautiful spots up there. It's hike in fishing but only about a mile or so from where you hit the end of the tote road.

Nice,

Ard

Ard

Thanks Ard. I will be pursuing these beauties a lot more often!

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

That is a beautiful fish. Love the red eyes and white markings. Pretty water too. I'd take topwater fish all day.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Nice pics.

And here I thought the unwritten rule for being a bass in the South was that you must be a monster largemouth that guys in shirts with adverts all over them chased in expensive boats.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent trip report and photos of the red eyes! That yak looks like a great way to get into that type of water.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM

rvc is on a distinguished road

Great pictures and report. Thanks. Also a neat looking fly. Is that your creation? Looks like a flat piece of foam rolled up into a tube over a #4 hook. Is that about right? It's amazing that one little guy managed to get hooked on it.

Thanks.

RVC

----------------------------------------

EDIT: Never mind, I found it - a One Bug. Didn't pay enough attention in my reading.

RVC

Last edited by rvc; 04-25-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvc View Post
EDIT: Never mind, I found it - a One Bug. Didn't pay enough attention in my reading.
Yep. Not my creation, but a friend's dad created it. Here's a link:

Sam's One Bug

Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM

Excellent. Thank you, sir! If you don't mind my asking, is that 1/4" diameter or 3/8" foam, and what size hook do you like?

I appreciate it.

RVC
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvc View Post
Excellent. Thank you, sir! If you don't mind my asking, is that 1/4" diameter or 3/8" foam, and what size hook do you like?

I appreciate it.

RVC
I use this one in sz6
http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.ph...y&target=TA222

I use this in 1/4"
Feather-Craft Fly Fishing | Fly Fishing Rods, Reels, Waders, Flies, Fly Tying Materials | Sage Rods | Simms Waders | Since 1955

Last edited by mrl0004; 04-25-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Thank you. Looking forward to your next travelogue.