The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things that shouldn't be found on a river

On the suggestion of jpbfly starting a new thread on what we shouldn't find on a river. We all see it all the time but what do we do about it? Every time I go to the river I'm always toting back someone's old fishing line , beer cans , beach chairs you name it. Sometimes the task is overwhelming. I'm not generally a violent person but it frosts my balls that people can be such slobs and I think if I caught one of the$&@? in the act I'd have a hard time controlling my temper. As much as it's interesting to see the pics of what we find at the river I'd like more to see the cleaned up version!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 PM

hillbilly rick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Things that shouldn't be found on a river

When ever we go to the river here, we bring trash bags. Most folks blame the weekenders, the city folks that spend their money and come down to fish, camp and have a good time. I however, have found that the local teenagers are far worse, when I came home and my wife was actually in tears becauseaftre a night time party the whole south end of the gravel bar was covered with cans, trash and worst of all broken bottles were everywhere. It filled our entire trailer.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about

To this day, I still find pull tabs. Still, better than the diaper I once found.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

It blows my mind to see litter on the shores left by fishermen - I routinely find styrofoam bait cups, coffee cups, packaging from rigging and lures, cans of corn, cigarette packs, water bottles, beer cans and bottles, wads of mono and fishing line, etc. - what's up with that? - while most of us are trying to enjoy the beauty of nature and the great outdoors, others (in the name of enjoying the great outdoors)are taking and killing without limits and leaving their **** behind - how to educate the ignorant ???
Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

the wads of mono everywhere are as about as bad as it gets. i've found so many unfortunate animals that had been entwined in there coily mess that it makes me sick. pick up your mess!

casey

ARFE
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

bait dunkers... nuff said.. there should be a classroom requirment to get a fishing license.

I bash baitdunkers in this case because alot of the trash I find is bait containers and beer cans.. I do on a rare occasion toss a hook with bait. but I dont leave my trash behide.. just alot of dumb@55es out there...
tbblom likes this.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM

bobafett will become famous soon enoughbobafett will become famous soon enough

so my first thought when i saw the thread was used condoms. but i did grow up in Mississippi, so it coulda been my cousins!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 AM

hillbilly rick is on a distinguished road

A few times a year we have a family and friends get together. Usually 30-40 people, in tents with kids, grand kids and us old folks, or newly used up as my granddaughter called me. We're out on the gravel bar for four days havin' a blast and nobody throws anything down, When we leave it's cleaner than when we arrived. It's just not that hard.
I gotta go this baitdunker has been busy cleanin' fish all night
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Found lots of mono, an entire bottle of Skin So Soft(I kept that, its good skeeter repellant) cigarette packs, jerky packages. It blows my mind that people are so filthy! I stop and think to myself, "I can only imagine what their house looks like!"
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

On Saturday afternoon I went down to the river with my wife and parked in the middle of the river was this white pick-up truck with a trailer They drove the truck through the water over a gravel bar back into the water and parked in about 1 1/2 ft. of water. I look down river about 100 yards and I could see these yahoos in there kayaks, there was another couple standing there along the river and said they just unloaded all the kayaks from the truck and trailer. So I am just standing there thinking about engine oil possibly dripping, brake dust....etc going in the water where I fly fish, so I called my good buddy who is the game warden in our county. Within 15 minutes LT was there writing a ticket and had the vehicle towed.
Sorry if you think I am a snitch but I like catching trout/fish on my fly rod.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !