The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default Same lake, same variety, still fun!

Haven't posted much lately because I haven't caught anything really worthy of attention, but I'm still reading the forum most evenings after I fish.
Been fishing the local small lake (37 acres) recently, and catching the same variety of fish about every evening. LM Bass, crappie, and bluegill seem to always be on the list.
Seems like it's always windy, so I haven't had the kayak out, just shore fishing from spots I usually find productive.

With the 3 or 4wt rods it's always fun.

Haven't taken many pics lately because the fish are usually about the same size (6-12" bass, 8-10" crappie, 5-8" 'gills), and even added a "first" to the list last night - a pine tree!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Same lake, same variety, still fun!

My weirdest by catch so far has been a snapping turtle. Dude, was he ever mad about that hook... hissing and spitting the whole time, glad I had some forceps to mash the barb before removal.
I always get excited when I snag a tree... because for a split second it feels like a huge fish that won't move.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 AM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

I still haven't gotten a pine tree yet, but I've caught my fair share of oaks and maples.

Good to hear you've been getting out though. The weather has been playing havoc with my fishing. Last time I went out, the carp were feeding and tailing, then it started pouring. I decided to hang up the rod for a while.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:17 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Odd thing on the pine tree catch. I pulled the line to snap the leader and when it broke the fly landed on my wrist. Detached from the tippet, but it didn't want to leave home I guess.