The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: finally dialing in on carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
Mr.P,
your video on 'the take' is spot on. I don't know if I ever would have caught one without some of your information. I did manage to catch one on a blind cast, and the hit was actually pretty hard. But the rest have been too soft to feel. The body twitch at the eat... and the explosion when the hook is set, is just unreal.
Thanks again!
TB
TB, you are most welcome; I'm glad the videos helped. I am very happy for you! You will get more and more drawn in as you detect more takes. No matter what size Carp you get used to your hands will shake when you see a larger one and you set up for your presentation. The take is the premier moment...

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp1 View Post
TB, you are most welcome; I'm glad the videos helped. I am very happy for you! You will get more and more drawn in as you detect more takes. No matter what size Carp you get used to your hands will shake when you see a larger one and you set up for your presentation. The take is the premier moment...
I can't agree more on the take being the premier moment in all things not just fishing - that was a great blog post.

Strictly fishing, though, it is 100% undoubtedly one of my favorite parts. The sensation of the rod progressively loading the deeper you get into that hook set which is then followed by a pulsation with varying frequencies is incomparable to any other experience. The take, or lack thereof, is why I don't particularly enjoy trolling - you miss the premier moment.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

A nice little carp from memorial day. Still no big guys for me yet, but this little pond I have been fishing has lots of little guys that are eager.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Cant complain about that, I'd take a pond full of those eager fish all day over one or two big guys.
bucktail likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough

Amen to that I have been lucky enough to land a few absolute cows on the fly and boy ya feel good when you get one but those smaller guys fight head and shoulders above the monsters. Good thread and keep em coming!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks BFA. I just saw your post tonight. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog post about the take being the premier moment. It's the best; it's just simply the best.

Good job TBBlom on continuing to hook up. It just gets more engaging the more you do it.

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Last night, and on a very surprising fly that I tied for bass.
Articulated/leggy/soft hackled/chartruese/UV olive/dumbell head and hot rattle beads!
Got three in an hour on it, one was a hard blind take (which we know is rare for carp!)

The original fly was yellow/black, and landed several bass its first time out at night with partial moon.