The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Fly, New Species & New Personal Best

Nice Bass David! Cool Gar! I've been trying for four days now to get one in Lake Norman . They follow my streamers but no hit. They look at my bugs but turn with disinterest. Any special retrieve your using? When did it hit closeup or top of the cast or at another point? Were you sight casting? I want to get one of these longnoses before I leave and could use any suggestions. Thanks.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Nice Bass David! Cool Gar! I've been trying for four days now to get one in Lake Norman . They follow my streamers but no hit. They look at my bugs but turn with disinterest. Any special retrieve your using? When did it hit closeup or top of the cast or at another point? Were you sight casting? I want to get one of these longnoses before I leave and could use any suggestions. Thanks.
I think I got lucky with the one I got to the boat. I had seen them for a while that day actively feeding. They were setting stationary on the edge of current snagging anything that came by. Usually if they see you or the boat they won't hit. That one hit pretty far from the kayak and I was doing my normal retrieve which is kind of slow letting the craw fly do it's own thing. Wasn't sure what it was until it was closer to the boat and started jumping.

The right place at the right time I think. They can be picky eaters.
Good Luck

txshane & drlaser - my buddies have learned that the fly rod will not only catch big fish, but will also catch a wide variety of fish. They get a kick out of it now.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks . They are tough but I'm gonna get em!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser