The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Shad Redemption

Ran up to the Delaware again to try and improve on my last trip. Got to the river at 10:30, the first few hours were looking like a repeat of last time. I cast for 5 hours with only 2 hits. I was starting to think I should take up golf... just when I was ready to give up all hell broke loose, Shad on almost every cast for an hour. Just when your ready to give this sport up it sucks you back in!
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Shad Redemption

Way to go Marco! Nice fish. Old spot or different . Can't wait to get back . Gar aren't cooperating down here!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Way to go Marco! Nice fish. Old spot or different . Can't wait to get back . Gar aren't cooperating down here!
Thanks John, There were a few bigger hens in the crowd(4-6lbs) but I didn't want to stress them with photos. Same spot, water is higher now and 57 degress. They should start behaving badly soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Marco, glad to see you turned your luck around with the shad! Maybe I'll actually get the chance to meet up with you for some fishing some time when life is a little less hectic on my end! And ready to give up the sport??? Shhhh, the fly fishing gods may hear you and think you're being serious with your blasphemous suggestions!!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Marco, glad to see you turned your luck around with the shad! Maybe I'll actually get the chance to meet up with you for some fishing some time when life is a little less hectic on my end! And ready to give up the sport??? Shhhh, the fly fishing gods may hear you and think you're being serious with your blasphemous suggestions!!
Gator,

There's been more than one incident where I've launched gear as far as I could in frustration, luckily I've yet to lose or break anything. My schedule isn't much better than yours but we'll figure something out. The Shad will slow down by the end of this month and the salt is heating up.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Never fished for striper in my life, so I will definitely have to take you up on that offer from Somerset I might have a bit more latitude in June, I'll keep you posted!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Love when there bad. Got 4 more days to make these gar down here do the same!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-05-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Love when there bad. Got 4 more days to make these gar down here do the same!
Good luck with the Gar. You should be coming back just in time. The rain water in NY in Wed should have made it down to the Gap by now. The high water should bring up more fish, I hope. Now I just have to figure out how to scam a day off next week to head back!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
....... and the salt is heating up.
Should be good now
Tonight the full moon is in perigee and my lilacs are starting to bloom. That's big fish time in my book.
On a sadder note, I saw yesterday that author and editor of The Fisherman magazine, Tim Coleman was found dead in the dunes at Weekapaug
Old 05-05-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Should be good now
Tonight the full moon is in perigee and my lilacs are starting to bloom. That's big fish time in my book.
On a sadder note, I saw yesterday that author and editor of The Fisherman magazine, Tim Coleman was found dead in the dunes at Weekapaug
That's terrible news. RIP Tim.
On a happier note a coworker and I hit the beach after work last night and ran into our first Bluefish blitz of the season. I love those angry yellow eyes.