The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default new hopper pattern & bass

Went to a small farm pond that has a few small bass this evening. Got my rod & lanyard from behind the truck seat and noticed a small zip-lock bag with a few flies I tied back in March and I'd forgotten about them.
A few hoppers in the bag, so I stuck the bag in my pocket.
Click the image to open in full size.

Got to the pond, strung the 4wt, and tied one of the hoppers on.
Cast along the shore, let it set for a minute, gave it a twitch and a nice bluegill hit.

Landed the 'gill and moved down the shore a bit. Cast the hopper close to an old cedar tree the owner had thrown in the pond several years ago and a hard hit and a decent bend in the 4wt.

Not a huge bass but it did put up a fair fight on the light rod.
Click the image to open in full size.

Caught one more (slightly smaller) and decided to give up and head for home to check on the wife (she had an infected tooth pulled today and isn't feeling all that great).

Hope she recovers quickly - I think that pond needs fished again soon.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: new hopper pattern & bass

Great looking hoppers, I really like the legs on them! A small bass is better than no bass . Congrats!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Nice,I'm gonna tie some.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:03 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Nice patterns! You coulda/shoulda gotten into one of the terrestrial swaps with one of them!!!

I need to find a pond close to home like that where I can just go and unwind for a few hours....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky