The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default one of those evenings

The previous two evenings have both been rare events. I usually go to the local lake to relax for an hour or two before dark. Most days I can catch a few fish and just enjoy experimenting with what flies are most effective and practice casting. A bit of time for studying nature, and a chance to "cleanse my soul" a bit by reflecting on, and appreciating the positive events of the day.

Went to the local lake Thursday evening and not a fish landed.
A few (very few!) hits, but I failed to bring a fish to hand.
Other anglers (bait fishermen) were also failing to catch fish.

Went back yesterday evening and a total 180 reversal in results.
Seems like it didn't matter what I tied on my leader (wet, dry, nymph) as soon as it hit the water a fish tried to eat it!

Mostly bluegill, with a few small crappie and one small bass to break up the monotony, but that's definitely a preferable "one of those evenings" to the previous one.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one of those evenings

Mike: Interesting how that happens, sometimes we get skunked, then go back to that same exact spot and the fishing is just none stop. Sounds like you have found a great place to enjoy fly fishing and how relaxing it can be.