The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM

txshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura about
Default Finally got to fish a little

Zach and I finally got to fish a little this past Sunday evening. Didn't have the best bite ever, but we caught 10 or so between us. Caught most of them on a red/white clouser minnow fished deep and slow. Zach caught a couple on a spinner bait. And then I caught a couple at sunset on my swimming frog fly. Couldn't get any interest on top earlier, but when the eclipse started and the sun was behind some clouds (so we couldn't see the eclipse) the bass came up to the top. That's fun stuff. Didn't catch any big fish. All were 1.5 - 2.5 pounds with one 3 on the stringer. Cleaned one for the sweet little widow that lets us fish her pond and took the rest home. Freezer was all axis and no fish. Not a bad problem, but needed some fish.

Click the image to open in full size.

The swimming frog.... deer hair body with rabbit strip legs (with a stiff mono spring to make them kick).

Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got to fish a little

Nice LMs! Fantastic looking frog! Thanks for sharing.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

That frog is fantastic looking! You should post a step-by-step!!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 AM

txshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
Thanks. I did a tutorial on it a few years ago on another site. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
Here you go...

Swimming Frog (deer hair body)
Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Looks like a very nice day on the water,congrats.