The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default Video.

Are you able to play video on the threads?

1st time trimming and editing clips into one movie. Also 1st time having a hat cam, My camera was little to the left and I forgot but it's pretty decent footage.

I'am hoping the video will show up. Watch the video tell me what you think of it. Youtube messed it up after the video was done it ask me do I want to stop the shakyness and I accepted after that the video got smaller and more cloudy. Tell me what you think. Bluegill & Bass.

" title="June16h2012miniMovie.mp4 video by angelojess1 - Photobucket" target="_blank">June16h2012miniMovie.mp4 video by angelojess1 - Photobucket

If not here is the link to the video.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Video.

Not bad for a first try. Its a little shakey but hell its mounted to your head! I know my heads on a swivel when I'm fishing. I know nothing about filming stuff so take this with a grain of salt, try to find spots or times of day when the light is in your favor and definitely keep your head still. As with anything practice makes perfect and over time you'll be putting out better and better videos. By the way glad to see the rains stopped for you there and that was a nice chunker there around 4:40. I'm suprised there's not more weed growth there, here alot of the bass/gill spots are choked off allready. Looks like fun stuff!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

When we have heavy rain like we had a few day's ago it clear's out of the muck aka weeds but we pay for it with very stained waters it takes 4-5days to clear up. This video was more in the back and more shallow it was already cleared but in the front of the lake and the main lake is still completely stained still. So my fishing has been very limited. As time go by I will be more still. Actually the video when I was editing it was pretty still youtube messed it up taking out some views. When I caught the Gill in the beginning you saw him pop on the popper and jumped completely out of the water but the final version you are unable to see it.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:30 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I can say is its better than anything I've tried to film, my attempts look more like a panic attack than anything worth watching! It made me wanna go chase the gills so in that respect its a success.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:56 AM

For now on, I'am going to just make video's everytime I go fishing, put 15 clips all into one video and a few day span. When I go fishing I'am mainly targeting Gill's but mostly I'am surprised how many Bass or even nice decent 2-3pounders will take something so small (when using dry flies). Wt Bash I have a hat camera. but it's homemade saw some youtube video's of people using there basic camera and screwing it into their hat's. They have them online but they want $160-$270 for the camera and hat. I spent exactly $0 for my set-up.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:23 AM

Kudos on the homegrown hat cam!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Angelo,

Thanks for the video. That's some fun fishing, Eh? I love to fish poppers for bass, and that was a nice one you got at the end of the video.

I think you are using a popping technique when you have a lot of line out that I use too. But I couldn't tell for sure.

I do it when I'm having trouble getting a good blurp due to a lot of line out, the tip of the fly line sinking, or ripples on the water making the popper want to dive.

What I do is raise the rod tip then snap it forward and down. This sends a vertical wave down the line to the popper. Then I strip suddenly when the wave almost hits the end of the fly line, and it will cause the leader to pull on the popper in an upward direction so it doesn't dive.

Just threw that out there for newcomers to popper fishing.

Thanks again for the video. Keep it up.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:40 AM

steve_eth is on a distinguished road

I watched that last one and the first two bass you get into is great fun to watch.
You can see your line clearly and you can see the Strike and then you setting the hook. Great video!