The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default shot in the dark smallies

So I had some free time today so I decided to attempt to fish a creek I have dreamed about for awhile. Mind you I have fished one creek in my whole life but driving back and forth to college I always could see it crossing the bridge and new it looked good. So I called up my buddy and we were off. First of all my truck was tested upon arrival because I had to go down a slope that went against the laws of physics to park. We got out grabbed our gear and walked down we got excited pretty quick it just looked too dang good! A guy who was fishing by the bridge gave us a few suggestions and we were off. We saw lots and lots of suckers but pushed on to a large pool (the one I always saw from the bridge) We went throught several flies and both ended up tying on poppers at the same time. I was the first to strike with a solid smathmouth probubly 14 inches (my buddy was on the other side of the pool so no pic...)

He was next with his biggest ever on a fly rod probubly 17 inches...........
Click the image to open in full size.

Now we were getting pumped up....fast forward he missed another one and I had a nice rock bass eat my popper, but the sun was going down so we headed back twords the truck to hit the first pool that guy was fishing

my 5 weight set up.....

So we made it back to the first pool and he is still throwing a popper and I have switched to a clouser.. He makes a cast and the fish takes it upon landing and so the fight begins.......

He ends up landing another decent smallie and we call it a night, some fancy climbing work with the truck and off we went

It was a stab in the dark but I would take that gamble any day for another like this.....
Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shot in the dark smallies

Looks like a nice day!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Good stuff! It's nice to know the top bite is warming up.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Looks like a nice day!
Looks like a nice night....just kidding willy
Old 06-27-2012, 04:49 AM

freebird630 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: shot in the dark smallies

Looks like you had a great time and those are nice smallies
Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 AM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough

UPDATE: we went out again me and my other buddy we saw tons of fish but only managed one. My buddy broke his rod earlier but still got a fish on it....I feel like a guide lol I take people fishing and they always do better than me hahaha