The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default finally made it out

Went out today and tried fishing for a few hours. bass weren't hitting the streamers today but I managed 2 on gold ribbed hares ear under a indicator. 1 smallie and 1 rock bass. both pretty small it got the skunk off me tho! On my last cast of the day I tossed a black bugger into a deep hole and hooked up with a nice sized catfish! all in all a pretty good day! heres some pix
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Last edited by GeorgeMcFly; 07-19-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finally made it out

George: Nice going! I hope the shoulder held up for you under the pressure of casting.

Larry
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I used to catch cat's on buggers, they give a good strong fight usually. Nice to see you at it GMF!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
George: Nice going! I hope the shoulder held up for you under the pressure of casting.

Larry
my casting should is fine. its my stripping hand thats the problem. I did have a lil trouble with all the stripping in line streamers take. thats why I used a indicator and nymph for awhile. figured I let the water do most of the work! haha when I was leaving i tossed on the bugger and casted to a deep hole a few times. thats how I got the cat. arm feels a lil better tho. I need to use it. I am tired of sitting home. it will be better in a week or so I think . I didn't even need to use any pain pills today! :P also I didn't notice any pain at all for the 5 mins I fought that catfish! just a tired forearm from fighting the fish! he went on a good 5 runs or so at least. felt like a steelhead!! lol

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's what I'm talking about when I said mine never bothered me while fishing.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
That's what I'm talking about when I said mine never bothered me while fishing.
when no fish was on it sucked tho! hahaha