The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default My newest obsession!

hey guys! im a new member here and love all the wealth of knowledge i can find just cruising around! since lurking around i have completely switched to flyfishing,even for all my bass fishing! i purchased an allen trout and an alpha 2 reel and absolutely love the looks and feel of them. i just recently started catching decent size fish and its so cool seeing a big smallie or largemouth come and inhale a big bug on top

heres a few since i started full time!!

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

heres my biggest panfish EVER! caught on a hopper popper..

and last weekend i even got into some coldwater

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

and of course my favorite fish

all these fish were caught on my fathers day gift....a 8'6" TFO ProII 5wt. and either a Hobbs Creek reel or my new Allen Trout reel.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My newest obsession!

Welcome to the forum. To be sure, there is nothing like catching bass with top water flies. Enjoy.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

absolutely! i love going and catching trout when i have the time to make the hour drive but i am only 2 miles from GREAT bass fishing on a local creek. it doesnt get any better than throwing a big popper and then having a nice bass explode and inhale it!

dont know what ill do when winter hits??! i was an avid deer hunter but this flyfishin has taken over
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: My newest obsession!

Welcome to the forum! Nice SMs and LBs for starters and that panfish is an absolute pig! Keep on posting pics like those made my day!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the great looking fish!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM

thanks guys! and as for the big panfish...for whatever reason, that day i found a deep pool with an overhanging tree and there was honestly 7-8 shellcrackers this size!! they were very shy to bite though.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

Good to have you on here. Fly fishing is an obcession, an addiction, and a passion all crammed into one.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

Nice fish. That Hobbs Creek reel got surpassed pretty quick. The Allen Trout looks sweet.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM

the Hobbs Creek reel is great but i only bought it so i could fish while i waited on my Allen reel to arrive. and now im waiting on another Allen as we speak now all i need is a short 3wt. setup.....
Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

See if the Allen 7'6" Xa 3wt is still in stock, that's an awesome set-up and it's on sale! If not, the 6'6" is more than fine, hopefully I'll be adding one to the quiver soon.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...